italian kitchen design in karachi

italian kitchen design in karachi

good morning and welcome back to my channel! as you might have noticed in today's episode we have a different background because we're not at my place, we're in a beautiful park and i'm not even alone, i'm here with a friend because we're going to talk together about something we've never talked about until now we asked ourselves: how is it for an italian to live abroad but we never asked ourselves how is it to live in italy as a foreigner. don't worry if we're speaking english, because, as usual, you'll find the captions


down here. so, since i spend hours writing them... check them out! would you like to tell something about yourself? like who you are, where you come from... i was born in saudi arabia and raised in pakistan and when i was 19 i came here to trento how many years is it now? it's almost 8 years why did you get here to trento?


my husband was looking for a job related to his studies he's an engineer and he found accordingly to that you've been living in your country for how many years before coming here? not from the village of pakistan inside your own country, are there differences between the countryside and the city? villagers always wear the traditional clothes whilst the girls in karachi don't wear them all the time they prefer to wear them on weddings


and when we have our religious festivals but usually, when we go to university, we prefer to wear jeans, tops, skirts... long skirts! you didn't find such a big difference between the way you used to dress and the way you're dressing here there we can wear long skirts, but not short ones we can't show skin, legs... but we can wear sleeveless clothes, pants, long skirts do you do it here? i'm more open here


because there's no one looking at me and telling me "no, you have to do this" my husband is open-minded, so i'm comfortable with him here i don't get chances to wear my traditional clothes my daughter always wants to wear traditional clothes because when she sees my pictures like my wedding pictures, she always want to wear those but here i don't get the chance because i don't have


many pakistani friends and here life is very busy. i'm always busy working... that's a good question! what do you do here? i had a daughter when i came here, i was just growing her up and i gave all my time to her, and then when she was almost 6 i had another boy and now he's almost 3 years old he had started kindergarden


and now i have time to look forward. nowadays i teach english because italian women want to learn english and when they see me "oh, you can speak english as well" they ask me to teach them you think it's hard here to find a good teacher? it's hard here. people take an advantage


they tell their parents "we do speak english" parents... they are italians. they can't judge them if they're good teachers or not are they able to speak well? with the right accent, you know? so, you came here... do you see differences, except for the clothing part? in the culture, in the society...? the thing is, when people look at me they wonder: "are you english?"


so i tell them "no, i'm not english" i have to tell them, where i was born and where i'm from when they think i'm english they're very forthright but when i tell them "yeah, i'm from pakistan" they're more conscious whilã²e talking to me but it's right, because... do you think they don't like people from pakistan?


even i don't have many friends from pakistan but i can tell that everybody is good you can find bad and good people everywhere i do agree. i can't tell that all people from pakistan are... not so good. yeah, there are nice people also. ok... but, mostly? do you think they're not so friendly? what's wrong with them?


i don't know, i'm more foreigner inside. it's just a feeling, you can't tell it's that, that makes that person... i'm more open, when i go to their home are they closed-minded? yeah, they're closed-minded if women want to live the way they want to they have to listen to their husbands. that's a part you don't like. the way women are treated.


actually, it's an education fact. it depends on the families. i know what's wrong. nobody told me. what's wrong and what's right. is it the same for everyone else? everyone. so, you're basically free? i can tell you about my family. i can't tell you about other families because


some families are very narrowminded ok, are different and narrowminded people they do think that in pakistan there are arranged marriages. it's not like this. how is it? i got a proposal. my husband was my neighbour but he was not there his mother used to come to my house


i was young, i was... 17 i was 16 17, sorry, i was 17 i knew it! i was looking forward to have a boyfriend and i couldn't find one because i was fat i was 68 kg


boys used to like me, but they never liked me that way because i was fat and i didn't have that "girly look" i was more kiddish i had a baby face like a tomboy? not tomboy, but i used to eat a lot! ok, chubby...


more than chubby... more than now... like me... like i am. no, you're skinny! i'm joking! so, i was looking forward to people. i wanted to have a boyfriend, because all my friends had a boyfriend


and they were engaged, also then, remind me, i have to ask you a question about this my mother-in-law used to come to my house often and she was a good friend of my mother she found me nice my husband didn't have any girlfriend "oh, i have one who's perfect for him" he would be having, but... at that time he didn't have any. he asked his


he asked his mother "i wanna marry..." "someone!" someone who is chubby ... and cute. he didn't tell "i need a doctor..." "i need an engineer or a working women" he was already studying in germany, ending his engineering master in it my mother-in-law asked me: "i have a son" "he's quite handsome" and then she showed me his picture.


i liked the picture he was nice so you said "ok" i gave my e-mail address to his brother he was there my husband added me on messenger we started talking and then i fell in love with him. my parents gave me time for 3 months. my husband liked me a lot, then he came from germany


just to marry me. it's not like this, people don't get... didn't you meet before you got married? i gave time to him, i met him when he came to pakistan ah, ok. i spent time with him and then i got married. i decided! are there people who decide not to get married?


hmmm... yeah. i know a lot of aunties... a lot of old women who are not married, they don't have kids nothing. because they decided...? i always wanted to! was it because they decided to or because they were forced to? no, no, no! they decided!


nobody can force them. in villages... i think. i have not been to a village, but i've heard and i think it is like this. what is the differemce between what you did in your country as traditions and what you do here? i'm just guessing, but i think you don't have the different places... when i was in pakistan i used to... we had... to get together with my cousins with my uncles, aunties


and when we have a big festival we buy new traditional clothes... do you have something like christmas? we do respect christmas i really love to wear the red cap i do wish merry christmas to my italian friends in karachi there are a lot of chistian people they do celebrate christmas but i...


what do you celebrate? i celebrate eid we have 2 kind of festivals every year first ramadan, we have to fast for 30 days and at the 31st day i can't tell, sometimes it's 29, sometimes 30 days why is the difference? why does it change every year? somebody tells that, i don't know.


i have not studied... someone decides "ok, this year is 29 days" you have a pope? we have also someone like that who tells when we have our festivals so, it's a "church chief" something like that. musk. you have a church, we have a musk. here we don't have musks


we have a room and people go there... can you follow your tradition here? do you go to your musk here? i don't. could you, if you wanted? my husband goes. but he only goes there he offers prayers and then he comes back. but i don't go.


do you pray at home? i used to, but now, no why? what happened? i'm telling you the truth because i'm not a liar and i don't want to lie... i could say that i do pray, but... watch out! now everyone knows! no, i'm not offering prayers nowadays


it's true. because i don't have a maid at home and to offer prayers in our religion we have to cover our head we have to wear... why is that? because we respect our god and in front of him we have to go with clean clothes and we have to cover...


did you know that we used to? my grandmother and her grandmother used to cover their head before going to church so it's like the same. so we ave to cover our head and we can pray. i used to do this, but after my son i'm spending more time at home because i was bringing him up


and i spend most of my time in the kitchen with him i don't have time to cover my head to wear covert clothes to wear nice things because when i start offering prayers my son starts starts crying, but i'm looking forward to offer prayers i'm just looking at the birds, which are flying all around, i was kind of scared... it's not about you, i'm just checking those pidgeons. let's talk instead about the city.


have you ever been to trento? trento? yeah. so, do you know the city? if i ask you to go somewhere... actually... when i came here my husband didn't have a driving licence so i used to travel by bus with him but i always used to follow him and he used to tell me the n.5 bus


will go there and will drop you there but i never tried to go alone and, you know, to roam? but now i've found you! help! you can take and tell me! travel's guide! i know you since 5 years. tourist guide!


i think so, yeah. more than that. but now i have time to go alone with you aha, around, so... i'll be the one teaching you. and how about shops? shopping? where do you like to go? i like to go to ovs


because it's not very expensive and i go there, i can find stuff for my daughter, for my son, for myself and the quality is also good, not so bad. i think so too. because i keep buying stuff: every season i buy things so i don't have to stay with one thing i loved this brand which was from ovs, which was


baby angel, have you heard of it? no. it was all cute clothes with frills, and, you know, i like, but then the designer died and they're not producing them anymore! it was my favourite brand! how about food? can you find the food you're used to, here? here i can't find any pakistani restaurant.


that cooks well are there? some, which are not so good? there is one pakistani 2 indian but i'm a great cook, i tell you so, anyone who does things worse than you it's not worth spending money on. yeah.


is it like this? i usually cook at home. can you find all the ingredients? yeah, everything. i go to a pakistani store are there? where? yeah. in trento. in gardolo also. we do have a pakistani shop


and we have... how are the products? because one of my problems when i was in germany was that the products tasted completely different. in a different way. do they taste the same? the same, because they bring them from pakistan. ok. almost every day.


they are spices, you know? because we do eat spices. spicy food. and i eat spicy food. my kids don't like... so the products, that are imported, are like spices...? yes, spices. and that's it. spices and polses lentils?


lenticchie in italian. so i can find pakistani polses there. how about italian? did you learn italian? i have learned a lot, but with a very bad grammar because i have not given much time studying with books, as i told you i have spent time with my kids i was bringing them up


so... is it hard to interact wth people? now no, because i live in povo and i know so many people in povo and i'm not short of friends, no. before i was when i came here but when my daughter started school i found a lot of people at the park. did you go to them or did they came to you...?


we often meet at the park but a lot of people would like to come to my house they want to have dinner and sometimes lunch, they call me and tell me "i'm bringing pizza, you prepare something pakistani for me...?" and then i eat pizza and they eat my pakistani food. that's nice. what about the language? was it hard to interact, not speaking so well...


italian? yeah. i can say it! i can do it! i found this the best thing about here that people, when i tell them that i don't speak much italian they don't make fun of me when i speak wrong italian and when i speak english they want to learn something. they say: "ok, we can teach you italian and you correct..." "you teach us english" which is your first language?


urdu. but, you know, punjabi is also pakistani villagers speak punjabi but urdu is very easy, so they do understand urdu villagers speak punjabi, but i'm an urdu speaker so i speak urdu. it's this birds again, which are scaring me. behind me! can you say something in your language? in my language? ok.


it's like... what did you say? io mi chiamo heeba. my name is heeba. now i'm looking forward to learn italian. ok. so, what are you going to do to learn it? watch my videos? watch your videos, definitely. and...


you're not going to learn a great italian by watching my videos... i can join you. that's a good idea, but we're speaking english if they like me, then i can join you oh. you can join my channel of course. but then you'll have to speak italian. because this time we're speaking english... no! i can be with you with english


no. next time, you'll be speaking italian. oh, god! oh! how about the upbrhgh... what? what? i can't speak english anymore... how about the upbringing? your kids. they're growing up in an italian society and there are some differences right?


no. my daughter is like italian kids. there are no differences. yeah, that's what i mean, so... she's growing up in an italian society... for me it's not, becase i tell you other pakistani people, i have seen... because when it's summer, all the girls wear short shorts short shorts! xd she has started learning basketball


and next year she wants to go for swimming so i'm ready for that as i told you in the beginning i belong to the open-minded families so it's not like this "you can't wear this" because, i, myself, do wear... would you feel comfortable wearing such a thing? like really short shorts... yeah... becase i told you that i'm not a liar


i don't like to wear very sexy clothes you know, very short shorts... capris are fine with me when i go to the lake i don't wear a swimsuit i wear shorts and a tank top sleeveless shirts and things like this. i don't wear bikinis and my daughter does. do you think it's a cultural thing? because you grew up a society in which isn't normal to wear such a thing because i wouldn't have problems wearing a bikini.


so i was wondering if it's something... people they don't look at me italian people they don't look at me but if any other pakistani people look at me they don't know if i'm italian or english and they will not look at me but if they get to know that i'm originally from pakistan or i'm muslim they will keep staring at me


and pointing at me and they can make pictures of myself and i don't want to get that. so it's mostly for the reactions you get. yeah. otherwise i'm not. i think that was it? yeah, that's it. so... bye! would you like to greet tham, say goodbye? this was all and see you next week for another video!



Subscribe to receive free email updates: